SCHOOLHOUSE - What's Provided
The DRIFTWOOD SCHOOLHOUSE accommodates 50 people in accordance with local fire regulations and provides:
- 4 (8ft x 30 inches) plywood tables and 65 folding chairs.
- toilet paper for the outhouse
- wood for the stove in the school – the fire is your responsibility
- broom and mop with bucket
- NOTE: The Driftwood School does not have indoor plumbing or water!
The DRIFTWOOD SCHOOLHOUSE does NOT provide:
- dish towels, rags
- glassware, dishes, utensils
- table cloths
- sound system, projector screen
- the school does not have a telephone
The renter assumes the responsibility for obtaining the required permits if necessary
- Food: Northern Health, 250-847-6400
- Liquor: local liquor store or online at www.solo.bcldb.com
Camping, Fires & Use of Grounds
- 2/3 of the field belongs to the Driftwood School and may be used for overnight camping by renters.
- The other 1/3 of the field belongs to the Glenwood Hall and can be rented separately if you want access to all of the grounds. Contact the Glenwood Hall for more info.
- Please make campfire in designated area only.
- Before lighting a campfire, please check with the Northwest Fire Center regarding campfire restrictions 250 847 6600
- Firewood is not provided for an outdoor fire. Please bring your own firewood for the campfire.
- Benches are available. Please make arrangements when getting the key.
Historic pic Driftwood Creek School circa 1945
Photo: Louise Schroeder (Gilbert).