GLENWOOD HALL FEES, POLICIES, CONTRACT — click this bar to show or hide info »
1/ GLENWOOD HALL Rates
effective for bookings created on or after September 3, 2023
- WEDDING • $500 total of 3 days includes day before and day after the wedding for set up and take down. Additional days can be reserved @ $125/day
- DANCE where alcohol is served (includes following morning for clean up) • $350
- PRIVATE EVENT / PARTY • $225/day
- FAMILY DANCE where alcohol is not served • $225/day
- COURSES & WORKSHOPS • $225/day (reduced rate of $200/day after day 2)
- HALF DAY MEETING (4 hours or less) • $200
2/ GLENWOOD HALL Info
Booking Deposit & Damage Deposit
- A non-refundable BOOKING DEPOSIT is due at the time of booking.
WEDDINGS or EVENTS >2 days: $250 booking deposit
ALL OTHER EVENTS: $100 booking deposit
- HOLDING your date(s) – 48 hours: We must receive your deposit by e-transfer or an email communication re your cheque within 24 hours of your booking to confirm your dates. This amount will go towards your final payment. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will release your dates so others have the option to book.
- HOW TO CANCEL If you need to cancel your booking, please EMAIL us ASAP so we can release the dates and others can have the option to book the hall.
- NON-REFUNDABLE: Booking deposits are non-refundable.
- TO PAY: by e-transfer to accounts[at]glenwoodhall.ca or cheque mailed to GLENWOOD HALL, 13804 Telkwa High Road, Smithers BC V0J 2N7. EMAIL us a note ASAP to let us know if you are sending a cheque which we’ll need to receive within 7 days.
- $250 DAMAGE DEPOSIT is due when you pick up the key the day before, or the day of your event.
- Your damage deposit will be returned to you in full or minus the cost of any damage, extra cleaning required, missing inventory (cups, plates, pots etc.) or other contract obligations not adhered to that result in a cost to the Hall.
- TO PAY: Please bring cash or a cheque made out to GLENWOOD HALL or submit by etransfer to [email protected]
Food & Liquor Permits
The renter assumes the responsibility for obtaining food and liquor permits as required. Liquor permits are available from the BC Liquor store or online at www.solo.bcldb.com.
COVID-19: Orders, Notices & Guidance
The renter assumes the responsibility for ensuring all users of the facility adhere to the Orders, Notices & Guidance of the day as issued by the BC Government for “MASS GATHERINGS” + any other uses of the hall that relate to your rental.: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
READY TO BOOK?
3/ NEXT STEPS: How to Book the GLENWOOD HALL
- BOOK YOUR DATES on the online the calendar: click the date(s) you’d like to book, fill out the fields below the calendar and submit.
- Send us your BOOKING DEPOSIT within 48 hours so we can hold your date, by etransfer to [email protected] OR mail a cheque made out to “GLENWOOD HALL” to: Glenwood Hall, 13804 Telkwa High Road Smithers BC V0J 2N7 If you are opting to pay by cheque, please email [email protected] asap to let us know, so we can hold your date.
- Download, read and sign the RENTAL AGREEMENT (below) once we’ve confirmed your date.
- ARRANGE to pick up the key, drop off your Rental Agreement and $250 Damage Deposit – approximately 1 week before your event, please email us » [email protected] to arrange to meet.
Please note that once you have booked your event you cannot change or cancel it using this website. Please make sure you have selected the correct dates and provided all necessary information. If you need to change your dates or information after booking please contact us asap.
DURING YOUR EVENT
If you have issues during your event, one of our volunteer Board members will try to assist you. Call Paul on landline 250-847-5575 or Mark on cell 250-643-0353 or email [email protected]
AFTER YOUR EVENT
Please follow these cleaning instructions, as posted in the kitchen (also included in Rental Agreement)
- All chairs and tables must be returned to their dollies
- All dishes washed and returned to proper cupboards
- Dishwasher must be drained, turned off and traps cleaned – follow instructions on the wall above
- All decorations removed (including all fasteners – NO staples at any time)
- All floors swept with broom (including washrooms and kitchen)
- All garbage, empties, etc removed, as we have no garbage pickup.
- Turn off Breaker # 53 for cooler and unplug refrigerators and freezers – LEAVE FRIDGE DOORS OPEN
- Doors into Mainhall from kitchen and back hall way MUST BE CLOSED
- Turn off all lights and fans- both inside and porch
- Move piano back to the wall beside the entrance to washrooms
- Do NOT use staples or nails inside or outside or your damage deposit will not be returned.
- REMOVE all tape, etc, used for decorating at the source. Stepladders are provided for this purpose.
- Do NOT use duct tape anywhere.
- Bring your own dish cloths and towels for kitchen.
Don’t leave anything behind!!
Getting your Damage Deposit back
Damage deposit cheques will be held until the completion of your event, and will be torn up when the hall has been properly cleaned and verified as undamaged. After the event is over and the clean up finished, please contact us to arrange for key drop off (email [email protected] or call Fay 250-847-9539 (landline) 778-210-1575 (cell) to arrange to meet.
How to Book the Driftwood School
BOOK the Driftwood School here or phone Doug Wiggill 1-250-777-4585
GLENWOOD HALL CALENDAR & BOOKING FORM — click this bar to show or hide info »
Click the arrows in the gray bar showing the MONTH to scroll and view through the year. Click and highlight on ALL the days you would like to book, including set-up and clean-up days. Then fill out the form below.
If you would like to book BOTH the Glenwood Hall AND the Driftwood Schoolhouse, you will need to book each separately. You can book the SCHOOLHOUSE here »