GLENWOOD HALL FEES & POLICIES — click this bar to show or hide info »
GLENWOOD HALL Rates
- FAMILY or SCHOOL REUNION (2 day minimum) • $175/day
- FAMILY DANCE where alcohol is not served • $200/day (reduced rate after 3rd day for courses and workshops)
- PRIVATE EVENT / PARTY • $200/day
- DANCE where alcohol is served (includes following morning for clean up) • $325
- WEDDING • $400 (includes day before and day after for set up and take down, 2 additional set up days can be reserved @ $75/day)
GLENWOOD HALL Booking Deposit
- ALL BOOKINGS require a $100 BOOKING DEPOSIT due at the time of booking. Your dates cannot be confirmed until your $100 Booking Deposit is received. This amount will go towards your final cheque. Once we receive your payment, the date is yours. Payment can be made by e-transfer to email@example.com or cheques can be mailed to:
13804 Telkwa High Road
Smithers BC V0J 2N7
GLENWOOD HALL Damage Deposit
- ALL BOOKINGS require a $150 DAMAGE DEPOSIT, due when you pick up the key the day before, or the day of your event.
Food & Liquor Permits
The renter assumes the responsibility for obtaining food and liquor permits as required. Liquor permits are available from the BC Liquor store.
How to Book the GLENWOOD HALL
- Check the calendar, click the dates you’d like to book, fill out the fields below the calendar and submit. We will aim to confirm it within 48 hours.
- Your BOOKING DEPOSIT and/or DAMAGE DEPOSIT payment can be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or cheques can be made out to “GLENWOOD HALL” and mailed to Barbara Luther, 3105 MCCabe Road, Smithers BC, V0J 2N7
- Once your date is secured, download, read and sign the Rental Agreement (below).
- Approximately 1 week before your event, please contact Tanya @ 250 877 6910 or 250 877 8582 to arrange to pick up the key, and to drop off your Rental Agreement and $150 Damage Deposit.
Please note that once you have booked your event you cannot change it using this website. Please make sure you have selected the correct dates and provided all necessary information. If you need to change your dates or information after booking please contact us asap.
How to Book the Driftwood School
Booking the Driftwood School is not possible from this website. Please phone Doug Wiggill 1-250-777-4585
GLENWOOD HALL Cancellation Policy
The Cancellation Policy ONLY applies to bookings which have made a deposit (Weddings and Dances where alcohol is served). If you need to cancel, your BOOKING DEPOSIT will be refunded according to the Cancellation Policy below.
- If cancelled 3 months or more prior to rental date: 100% refund of rental deposit
- If cancelled less than 3 months prior to rental date: sorry no refund
To cancel, please contact us asap.
Getting your Damage Deposit back
Damage deposit cheques will be held until the completion of your event, and will be torn up when the hall has been properly cleaned and verified as undamaged. After the event is over and the clean up finished, please phone Tanya to arrange for key drop off.
Please follow these cleaning instructions, as posted in the kitchen (also included in Rental Agreement)
- All chairs and tables must be returned to their dollies
- All dishes washed and returned to proper cupboards
- Dishwasher must be drained, turned off and traps cleaned – follow instructions on the wall above
- All decorations removed (including all fasteners – NO staples at any time)
- All floors swept with broom (including washrooms and kitchen)
- All garbage, empties, etc removed, as we have no garbage pickup.
- Turn off Breaker # 53 for cooler and unplug refrigerators and freezers – LEAVE FRIDGE DOORS OPEN
- Doors into Mainhall from kitchen and back hall way MUST BE CLOSED
- Turn off all lights and fans- both inside and porch
- Move piano back to the wall beside the entrance to washrooms
- Do not use staples or nails inside or outside or your damage deposit will not be returned.
- Remove all tape, etc, used for decorating at the source. Stepladders are provided for this purpose.
- Do not use duct tape on painted surfaces.
- Bring your own dish cloths and towels for kitchen.
Don’t leave anything behind!!
GLENWOOD HALL CALENDAR & BOOKING FORM — click this bar to show or hide info »
Click the arrows in the gray bar showing the MONTH to scroll and view through the year. Click and highlight on ALL the days you would like to book, including set-up and clean-up days. Then fill out the form below.
If you would like to book BOTH the Glenwood Hall AND the Driftwood Schoolhouse, you will need to book each separately. You can book the SCHOOLHOUSE here »