GLENWOOD HALL FEES & POLICIES — click this bar to show or hide info »
GLENWOOD HALL Rates
- WEDDING • $400 (includes day before and day after for set up and take down, 2 additional set up days can be reserved @ $75/day)
- DANCE where alcohol is served (includes following morning for clean up) • $325
- PRIVATE EVENT / PARTY • $200/day
- FAMILY DANCE where alcohol is not served • $200/day
- COURSES & WORKSHOPS • $200/day (reduced rate after 3rd day for courses and workshops)
- FAMILY or SCHOOL REUNION (2 day minimum) • $175/day
- HALF DAY MEETING (4 hours or less) • $175
GLENWOOD HALL Booking Deposit
- $100 BOOKING DEPOSIT is due at the time of booking by either:
- NON-REFUNDABLE: Booking deposits are non-refundable.
- HOLDING your date(s) – 48 hours: We must receive your deposit by e-transfer or an email communication re your cheque within 24 hours of your booking to confirm your dates. This amount will go towards your final payment. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will release your dates so others have the option to book.
- HOW TO CANCEL If you need to cancel your booking, please EMAIL us ASAP so we can release the dates and others can have the option to book the hall.
GLENWOOD HALL Damage Deposit
- ALL BOOKINGS require a $150 DAMAGE DEPOSIT, due when you pick up the key the day before, or the day of your event.
Food & Liquor Permits
The renter assumes the responsibility for obtaining food and liquor permits as required. Liquor permits are available from the BC Liquor store or online at www.solo.bcldb.com.
NEXT STEPS: How to Book the GLENWOOD HALL
- Check the calendar, click the date(s) you’d like to book, fill out the fields below the calendar and submit.
- As soon as you’ve done that, send us your $100 BOOKING DEPOSIT by etransfer to email@example.com OR mail a cheque made out to “GLENWOOD HALL” to: Glenwood Hall, 13804 Telkwa High Road Smithers BC V0J 2N7
If you are opting to pay by cheque, please email firstname.lastname@example.org asap to let us know, so we can hold your date.
- We will aim to confirm your booking within 48 hours. Once your date is secured, download, read and sign the Rental Agreement (below).
- Approximately 1 week before your event, please contact Debbie @ cell 778-210-1462 or landline 250-847-3434
to arrange to pick up the key, and to drop off your Rental Agreement and $150 Damage Deposit.
Please note that once you have booked your event you cannot change or cancel it using this website. Please make sure you have selected the correct dates and provided all necessary information. If you need to change your dates or information after booking please contact us asap.
How to Book the Driftwood School
BOOK the Driftwood School here or phone Doug Wiggill 1-250-777-4585
Getting your Damage Deposit back
Damage deposit cheques will be held until the completion of your event, and will be torn up when the hall has been properly cleaned and verified as undamaged. After the event is over and the clean up finished, please phone Tanya to arrange for key drop off.
Please follow these cleaning instructions, as posted in the kitchen (also included in Rental Agreement)
- All chairs and tables must be returned to their dollies
- All dishes washed and returned to proper cupboards
- Dishwasher must be drained, turned off and traps cleaned – follow instructions on the wall above
- All decorations removed (including all fasteners – NO staples at any time)
- All floors swept with broom (including washrooms and kitchen)
- All garbage, empties, etc removed, as we have no garbage pickup.
- Turn off Breaker # 53 for cooler and unplug refrigerators and freezers – LEAVE FRIDGE DOORS OPEN
- Doors into Mainhall from kitchen and back hall way MUST BE CLOSED
- Turn off all lights and fans- both inside and porch
- Move piano back to the wall beside the entrance to washrooms
- Do not use staples or nails inside or outside or your damage deposit will not be returned.
- Remove all tape, etc, used for decorating at the source. Stepladders are provided for this purpose.
- Do not use duct tape on painted surfaces.
- Bring your own dish cloths and towels for kitchen.
Don’t leave anything behind!!
GLENWOOD HALL CALENDAR & BOOKING FORM — click this bar to show or hide info »
Click the arrows in the gray bar showing the MONTH to scroll and view through the year. Click and highlight on ALL the days you would like to book, including set-up and clean-up days. Then fill out the form below.
If you would like to book BOTH the Glenwood Hall AND the Driftwood Schoolhouse, you will need to book each separately. You can book the SCHOOLHOUSE here »